Youth organization Status M has successfully implemented the first year of the “Be a man, change the world – prevention of the institutionalization of adolescents and capacity building of Social Welfare Centers, Correctional Institutes and Civil Society Organizations for working with young men.”
If you do not already know, “Be a man, change the world” is a three-year Status M’s project carried out with the support of the Ministry of Social Policy and Youth, in partnership with the Centers for Social Welfare in Zagreb, Rijeka, Opatija and Čakovec and the Central Office for the Prison System and the institutions that are part of it.
This year was remembered by, along with many new friendships, partnerships, conferences and successfully realized cooperations, especially workshops through which we met new young people. We have successfully implemented 8 cycles of workshops by the methodology of the Manual M in Primorsko-goranska, Međimurje, Sisačko-moslavačka County and the City of Zagreb.
Through the project year we conducted:
- The cycle of workshops in collaboration with the CSW Zagreb for 8 young men
- The cycle of workshops in collaboration with CSW Čakovec for 10 young men
- The cycle of workshops in collaboration with CSW Rijeka for 8 young men
- Two cycles of workshops in collaboration with the Correctional Institution Turopolje for 40 young men
- The cycle of workshops in collaboration with the Penitentiary Glina for 8 young men
- The cycle of workshops in collaboration with the Family Center Kuršanec for 8 young men
- The cycle of workshops in collaboration with the Roma Union of Croatia for 8 young men and 2 young women
Youth organization Status M is continuing the project “Be a man, change the world” in the following year, preparing it during the summer, and continuing intensively at the end of August.
We are happy that our work in Glina resulted in piloting the methodology of Manual P on topics of engaged fatherhood which we are planning to develop further in upcoming years.